Amazon_Gift_Card

Saturday, January 12, 2013

FoodSaver FSFRSH0051 FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealing System, White
Food prepping ahead of time means less time spent in the kitchen and more time to enjoy with family and friends. Slice up an array of deli meats and cheeses for a party platter, then keep it fresh and ready to go with the help of this rechargeable handheld vacuum sealer. Designed for use with the FoodSaver vacuum zipper bags and FoodSaver deli containers, the cordless unit removes the air with the press of a button, creating an airtight seal that keeps ready-to-eat food items in the refrigerator or pantry fresh for longer. The thoughtfully designed device comes with a dishwasher-safe nozzle that catches overflow liquids, and its compact size takes up minimal space on the counter or in a drawer when not in use. Two medium zipper bags come included. Quick and convenient, the handheld vacuum-sealing system measures approximately 4 by 3 by 9 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty.
With so many on offer these days, it is great to have a name you can trust. This item is certainly that and will be a perfect buy. The distributor have added some great touches and this equals great value.
You can trust this review, i hope you can try to buy this product and then you know this product good or no. Next time you can make a review for another people.

Handheld unit OK, but bags will not hold vaccuum!
I've owned a Foodsaver for years (now on my third) so I'm familiar with their conventional vacuum bags and canisters.

I got an email from FoodSaver touting the new FreshSaver zipper bags for frequently used items so you don't have to keep cutting down and re-sealing regular FoodSaver bags.

Sounded good to me, so I ordered one. The handheld unit vacuums reasonably quickly, and the small compatible storage containers work well.

However, the quart and gallon size bags zipper are worse than useless. They appear to hold a vacuum initially, so you put it in the fridge only to find the next day that the bag lost its vacuum. The bags are stiffer than regular zipper bags, so when the seal fails, the bag expands and allows more air in than a regular plastic bag. The unit was supplied with 5 quart bags and 5 gallon bags. Only four bags held a vacuum more than a few minutes! Of those four, only two bags held vacuum a second time. Even those two failed on the...

Click here to read the full review for more information about this product.


Quick, convenient, and a bargain for what you get
I saw this on the shelf when I was buying some new bags for my big old foodsaver vacuum system. I thought this was a great idea. And at $20, what a deal! I did scoff a bit at the price of the special ziploc bags you had to buy, but I still thought it was worth a try.

If I only ever used this for lunchmeat and cheese, I would still be SO happy with this investment. These are two items that always go bad before we use it all, and that I am never going to pull out my big old foodsaver vacuum and bags every time I open them up.

I transferred my [...] bag of salami and bag of sliced cheese into the special fresh saver ziplocs and it has just been awesome. It only takes a couple of extra seconds to grab the freshsaver and seal those bags up tight each time you get into them. My meat and cheese looks like the package has never been opened several weeks later. I couldn't be happier.

I know I will end up using this for a lot more down the road...but I...
Total Failure
Purchased the FoodSaver

0 comments:

Post a Comment